Same Sketch, Different Stamps and a Tip for Twirling the Linen Thread

Yesterday I made 6 cards. That was an amazing effort for me and not one thing was e-cut (smile). All I can say is "Yay for holidays!"

I had a bit of a 'Crumb Cake' card base, 'Natural Linen Thread, twirly thing' happening and here is the third card in the line-up.

It's based on the same sketch (from SU) that I used for the two cards in my earlier post today, except this time I inked up By the Tide (I love any stamp sets with a beach theme and Seaside was my first SU stamp set purchase way back in 2008, which lead to me becoming a demo).


By the Tide


I'm fiddling around trying to come up with THE swap for Stampin' Up! Convention in Melbourne which is happening  in 4 weeks time! Eeeek! ... just getting a little excited as I haven't been to one in 3 years and I just can't wait to catch up with my stamping buddies once again.

This isn't my SWAP but I know that I do want to use this stamp set and ... of course some twirly Linen Thread. I'll see what emerges over the next few days until I have that 'Aaah ha moment'.  Stay tuned.

Here's a tip for twirling the Linen Thread -
1. Wrap the thread (or twine) around two fingers, then three, then two again.
2. Thread end through all loops and tie a knot to secure.
3. Attach to the back of the label so looped bits appear at the top and the end pieces at the bottom.

Hope that helps as it can be a bit fiddly.


Project Recipe:
Stamp Sets:  By the Tide, Label Love, Six-Sided Sampler, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Gold Metallic
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pool Party, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Artisan Label Punch, Natural Linen Thread, Tea Lacy Doily, Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge


Thanks so much for stopping by,

 For Stampin' Up! ® supplies, 24/7, make sure you check out my on-line shop

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/bronwyneastley/

Comments

Unknown said…
Love these cards.
Fantastic!!!!