Pinks and Purples for SUO 92

Today for the Pinks and Purples Challenge at SUO, I have made a Tea Cup Easel Card using a combination of MDS and traditional stamps, punches, inks and dies.

 
A Tea Cup Easel Card for SUO 92

Here's a 'guide' to how I made my Teapot Easel Card.  It doesn't go into great detail but I hope you can work it out from the series of photos.
The tea cup base of the card was designed in My Digital Studio using the floral tea cup brush stamp and label, printed out and then fussy cut (see below for 'hybrid' pieces).



Sticky Strip was added to the front section of the card so the single tea cup could be attached to form a pocket.


 

The 'saucer' was cut out from Wisteria Wonder card stock using the largest circle die. I should have made the rim of the saucer first before inserting the 'label' through a slit on the base.

Top View

View Underneath
(label has been glued to the underside of the saucer)

Flattened Top View

Tea Cup Easel Base


A rim was made from the two largest circle dies and sponged with WW ink. The scalloped circle was cut from Whisper White and paper pierced to form the doily. The sentiment is from Chalk Talk and heat embossed with Whisper White embossing powder.


A medium sized circle was cut to form a base for the punched flowers and then inserted into the front pocket of the tea cup.

  

Back View of Finished Card

Ta Dah!

If you have any questions, you can email me in about two weeks time :) because when this post goes live I will be enjoying a well earned holiday/long service leave in sunny, North Queensland.  I'll be trading in my lap top and stamps for some sun, surf and relaxation!
Project Recipe:
Stamps:  Morning Meadow (Hostess), Chalk Talk, Petite Petals, Tea Shoppe Stamp Brush Set Digital Download
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Pink Pirouette, Versa Mark
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Pink Pirouette
Accessories:  Candy Dots (Subtles), Circle Framelits, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat, Basic Pearls, Petite Petals Punch, Dimensionals, MDS, Printer, Paper Snips

I hope you can play along over the next fortnight and share your pink and/or purple creations with us.

Design Team Blogs -




Comments

Connie Babbert said…
As usual you ROCKED this challenge! I'm loving your teacup easel card with all those beautiful flowers and the bird is an extra special touch! Great job with the SUO challenge!
loyaz said…
I love this creation also and do so very much appreciate all of your detailed information.