The Tassel was Worth the Hassle

I finally got around to finishing my son's Graduation Card (the second one).  At the end of last year, Ryan graduated with First Class Honours (Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy).  Seeing he put so much hard work into his course, I  thought that I needed to make him a special card to celebrate his achievements.

I used a Silhouette Cameo cutting file for the 'cap' and the Pure Gumption Stamp Set from SU.

 The Inside View

 It's an easel card ;)



Here's a List of Supplies -
Stamp Set:  Pure Gumption
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Wisteria Wonder, Black (Textured - retired)
Ink:  Basic Black
Accessories: Lacy Brocade and Framed Tulips Embossing Folders, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack and tool, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Large Oval and Decorative Label Punches,  Dimensionals, Black Brads (non-SU).


There's one more graduation ceremony to go for Ryan. It will be in Canberra, in May, when he finishes the Lachlan Macquarie Intern-ship Program (the same weekend as the SU Convention ... sniff!).  Then there's Laura's graduation next year as well.  I can see my new stamp set will get lots of use.

Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

Allisa said…
Fabulous card! Love the little lego man and your new blog look!
KimB said…
What a special card for a special occaision Bron. I don't doubt that you enjoy these wonderful milestones but we will miss you in May!xxx
We missed a big, expensive (free to us) fancy Christmas dinner last year to go to our son's graduation. But ... It was so worth it. It took awhile for Shane to decide his career path ... So it was fantastic that he achieved his degree! Wouldn't have missed that. But can understand your disappointment ... I loved going to convention when I was a demo! What an amazing card. I can see you are really proud of Ryan! Hugs xxx